Friday, June 28, 2013

Today

Written on 6-28-13

Today has become the end
Not for me
But for everything around me

Today has shown me that
I stand alone
And that my points become more moot
As the days pass

Today has given me
The dreadful gift of emptiness
Wrapped in grief and sorrow

But most of all
Today has weighed me down
Dragging me to the bottom
Of a bottomless pit of despair

I am alone
For I am the weak link
In the strong chain

I sit and wait
Hoping to wake up
From this awful and dreadful place
But I still lay asleep in this nightmare

The pain from years of built up emotions
Has finally began to eat away at my core
And is savoring every sip of my soul

I know my emotions hold very little value
For what I feel isn't true
What I feel is an opinion
But it's the truth to me

My perception has glared over
Many memories and events
And everything is starting to become a blur

If I could stop it
If I knew how to stop it
I would
But I fear it is too late to pull the break

So today has become the ending
The beginning of the ending

And all I can do is sit here and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment