Saturday, July 20, 2013

I Guess it's Time to Part

Written on 7-20-13


17 going on 18 years
You were always there for me
You held my hand for 15 years
And you still held me close when I cried
But now I guess the alarm clock finally woke me up

The past few months have been full of darkness
But I still had hope that one day
It would get better
Now I know one day will most likely never come
And I'm still waiting for it

I need to see that nothing lasts forever
And as much as it kills me to walk away
From everything we had
It feels like I should
For my misery has hurt you too much

I am pretty much on my own now
Whether you see it or not
Your little baby girl has finally scene past the fairytale
Not everything lasts forever
Unless everyone involved works at it

Like you said...

"It takes two people to make a marriage,
and two people to neglect it, and end it"

The same goes for every relationship in life
Sadly, I never thought we would neglect our bond
But I guess that's how life works...
Nothing truly lasts forever, and everything happens for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment