Monday, November 17, 2014

My Life

Written on 11-17-2014


After months, actually years of being trapped in my own mind
After pushing through so much tragedy and pain
After trying to cope with everything life has thrown at me so far
I can no longer be strong, nor do I have the will to be.

I used to try and deal with people, and deal with my surroundings
I used to be able to get through the day without crying
I used to dream about my future, and how I would get there.
But the future never comes, and if it does, is it any better?

I wish I could cry, and be able to show my emotions
But now, I am a silenced, empty shell
I cannot cry anymore, not waste my breath on the things that never change
I do things and agree so I can move the day along

There are a handful of people that I could blame for my demise
The way they handle situations that I had no say in
How I became a prisoner not only in the house, but in my life
How I was used for pointless tasks and spoken down to

I no longer wish to be apart of that, and I don't deserve it
I don't want to live like this anymore, and I'm running out of places to go
I have no peace of mind, nor sanctuary to step back and breathe

I am not trapped in my own mind, but a prisoner of my demise.

1 comment: