Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ponder For Me, If You Will


Written on 1-6-12

It was a run
No exact distance
But we are now two
You no longer had a want
For our love

For a time I was alone
By myself
Left in the dark
But then I moved on
To someone that made me smile again

You were told of this
And you are now saddened
For I am no longer waiting
Sitting in the musty pit
I am no longer attached

For now I am left torn
Between what I know
And what is yet to be discovered
I want to be yours
But you aren't ready

Maybe down the path
You and I will be us again
But for now
We are close friends
Caring ones, too

I still cry over memories
I'm not sure if you do
But I know you think about it
The way it was
How I was one-of-a-kind

The sad part is that I still think
And wish to go back
But I just can't
Not here
Not now

I knew I had to let go
When I found out that
You told her
How much you wanted to be with her
Before we even parted

That's what hurt the most
The day of lies
You told me you loved me
You told me that I was yours forever
But it stopped just like that

You even still treated me good
As if I were still yours
But then you just stopped
Out of nowhere
You couldn't even hold me

That is when I knew it was over
Scene faded, curtains fell
And after you left that day
I fell to my knees and cried
For hours, awake and asleep

 The tears that fell and are falling
Don't even come close
To the amount of pain I have
Nothing can come close
To the way you broke my heart

The deepest trenches known to man
To not come close to the cuts in heart
Dust in the wind could never touch upon
My fading soul
A power outage is not to my dead thoughts

I am beyond lost
But you keep telling me it will be okay
I just don't understand why
If you still love me,
Why don't you want me?

That is all I want to know
Whether the answer is long or short
Or the question needs to be explained
I just want to know
Why you still see my spirit as "love".

No comments:

Post a Comment